Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally Registered

I am so excited because I finally registered for Pat's Run today! I know it doesn't seem like much but I feel like this truly locks me in to my goal. Their registration was funny; because of my weight category, I am listed as a "Clydesdale"! Too freakin' funny. Oh well, maybe I will be a little pony next time or just a good ole' horse.

I also had to put a goal of the time it would take me to complete it. I selected 1-hour as my goal. I feel like I can definitely beat that. I almost put 45 but I wanted to give myself a cushion just in case. It's not like I am going to fail if I don't do this in an hour, but you know...

Additionally, thanks to Google Maps, I found a route around campus that is exactly 4.2 miles so I am going to use that as my guide to practice over the next few months.

Thanks again for supporting!

1 comment:

  1. Son, I am so proud of this endeavor you are taking on. Just the fact that you are taking steps to a better life is enough for me but to challenge yourself like this is wonderful.

    I have no doubt, and I mean no doubt that you will accomplish this goal for yourself. Haven't you always? I am so excited for you and as always will wait at the finish line to cheer you home.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete