Hey All, So I have lost a great deal this past year. First my beautiful Grandmother in December 09 and my amazing Tia Sylvia in June of 10. This year, I have decided to both lose and gain. To lose weight and gain back my life. Follow me along as I progress the next 12 weeks through the Couch to 5K plan and my completion of Pat's Run this April!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Week 1, Day 1
So I was sitting here, on the couch, and relaxing from the day and thought I would start catching up on some TiVo. I was watching the second episode of HEAVY and I realized that I had not gone walking or done anything super active since this past Saturday morning when I went hiking at Buffalo Park.
I have been all talk so far about starting the Couch to 5k plan and have been making excuses about when I would actually start. So then I jumped on iTunes and started looking at the C25K podcasts that you can download to help you keep your pace and track your runs. After looking through a few free podcasts, I found a set that I liked and downloaded them. Then I thought, it's only 9pm, why not go now? So I changed clothes, did some stretches and went for my first run.
This first week is set up so that you start with a 5 minute warm-up walk followed by 4-sets of jogging/running for 2 minutes followed by 3 minutes of brisk walking and ending with a 5 minute cool down. After the first set of jog for 2 walk for 3, I thought I was ready to quit. My shins were hurting, my calves were starting to cramp and I was done. But I pushed through it and kept going. Once I got to the second set, it was a little harder and easier. By the 3rd set my legs were slightly adjusted to the hurt and after the fourth set I was feeling pretty good. I ended it all by doing some light stretches and feeling pretty confident.
The podcasts don't have the best music but they are pretty good and I'm mostly focusing on my breathing and not tripping so it's not that bad.
The program is set up for you to do these sets three times a week. Cheers to Week 1, Day 1 and looking forward to Day 2!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sooo proud of you and look forward to following along in your journey :) love u!
ReplyDelete