Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where it all began

So this year, I didn't really make one specific New Year's resolution like stop eating chocolate, or stop drinking soda or to stop cussing or anything like that. I simply told myself that I was going to do more for me and have a better outlook on life...whatever that looked like.  With that, I have done a few things to start this endeavor of mine.


I have decided to have a better balance at work and realize that I will never be "caught up" and that there is something that I can always stay and work on.  So with that, I told myself that once 5:30-6:00pm rolls around, I am heading out the door and not coming back to work till the next day.


I have also just been in a happier mood and have had a general better outlook on the day.


I have started to pay better attention at what I eat, when I eat, and the portions that I eat.


Next, I have decided to be more active which is the basis of starting this new blog.  A few weeks ago I told a co-worker that I would like to start going walking/hiking and that when he goes, I would love to tag along. Well last week I went on my first hike up at Buffalo Park. It was an easy 2 miles and I felt great afterward. That same week I watched episode one of HEAVY and followed that with a 45 minute walk outdoors.  Then I started talking to my good friend Bailey about my personal weight-loss goals and we started talking about running and the Couch to 5K program.  I was skeptical at first but then got really excited about the idea.


I started looking more in to the program and even started looking in to some races that I could work towards.  By the time I knew it, I was committing myself to this program and to participating in Pat's Run on Saturday April 16, 2011.


While I had a small support base, I have decided to start this blog to have my friends and family follow along in my progress with this goal.  I am not sure where I will be in 12 weeks and even if I can't jog/run the entire 4.2 miles that is Pat's Run, I am determined to complete it!


So if you are interested, follow along with me on this new journey to run for my own cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment