Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 1, Day 2

Hello World!


So today I went for my second run of the program up at Buffalo Park. Sorry for not inviting those of you who have asked to go up there with me; I needed some time to just breathe on my own.  I got to Buffalo Park around 4:35pm and started my jog with some stretching and then a warm up walk listening to Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars (love that song).  After that, I started the C25K podcast which took me through 30 minutes of walking/jogging intervals. 


What was harder about this day was being up at Buffalo Park. This first time I did it I was walking/jogging on a level street. Today, I was at the park and it was hilly, full of holes and curves and still muddy and icy/snowy in some areas. I definitely felt it more in my legs today but it was so worth it. After my 5 minute warm up, plus the podcast, and then finishing the rest of the trail, it took my a total of about 38 minutes to finish 2 miles. This is not exactly the time that I want but I'm still on Week 1. My goal is to be at a 10 minute mile so I have a good ways to go. If I can get down to a 10-minute mile, then I should be able to finish Pat's Run in 45 minutes which I would be absolutely happy with. Actually I will be happy if I can do it in an hour and I definitely feel that is possible.


Thank you all who continue to support me!

No comments:

Post a Comment