So I am sitting here relaxing after my first walk/jog of Week 2 and I feel great. I had to use the treadmill at the gym instead of going outside. When it is 4 degrees outside with a -14 wind chill factor, it's a little tough to be outside jogging. I actually enjoyed the treadmill however because I was able to control my pace a little better and the conditions in the gym were much more similar to the conditions I will be jogging with down in Phoenix this April, well closer that to what I have been jogging in lately.
Today, I was able to walk/jog 2 miles in just under 34 minutes, which is a good 4-5 minutes off what I have been doing. The way Week 2 is set up in the C25k plan is that you start with a 5 minute walk to get the blood flowing and the walk for 2.5 minutes and jog for 2.5 minutes for 5 intervals and after the 5th jog, you cool down with another 5 minute walk. This has been a great experience and I am doing my hardest to keep it going.
I have still been trying to watch what I eat and unfortunately have let the slip this week for my dinner meals. But I am hoping to get back on track. I also did today what I have been fearing, I weighed myself. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I thought and unfortunately I have been heavier. But, it is good to know where I stand so that when I finish Pat's Run, I can know how this journey has impacted my body for the better.
I am not watching the newest episode of HEAVY and will let them continue to add to my encouragement. I love you all and again, thank you for your continued support!
No comments:
Post a Comment