Good Morning all!
This morning I went for the last installment of Week 1 of C25K. The plan is made for the jogs to be completed three times a week, but I am deviating slightly. I am going to do them four times a week so that way I am walking/jogging every other day through the entire program. I feel this will give me more of a regiment and will help me safely progress through the program. Even if at the end of the program, I can't jog for 30 minutes straight, I know I will still be able to complete Pat's Run!
In my jog this morning, at 7:00am starting at 18 degrees, it took me 36 minutes to walk/jog 2.1 miles, which is exactly half of Pat's Run (4.2mi). I am slowly shaving seconds/minutes off my time and I still have no doubt that I can fully complete the 4.2 mile run in less than an hour. Luckily when I am down in Phoenix, I won't have the cold weather, 7,000 ft of elevation and the mess of snow, ice and hills to work against me. But for now, they work in my favor to help me build strength and stamina.
Thanks again for your continued support!
No comments:
Post a Comment